Comprised of 29 departments and programs, the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services supports the University's mission by providing a comprehensive array of services, programs, and activities that enhance the learning environment and development of the whole student.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services is comprised of five major functional areas:
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services cultivates an environment that facilitates student success through learning, discovery, and engagement.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services will provide a nationally acclaimed student experience that results in a valuable impact on persistence and graduation.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services is committed to an ethic of care, including a commitment to civility and individual growth and learning, while holding firm and true to our core values:
- Empowerment – We empower students and staff through programs, development, and employment.
- Transparency – We provide transparency of purpose with honesty and integrity.
- Accountability – We are accountable in the provision of quality programs and services.
- Diversity and Inclusion – We celebrate diversity and embrace the intentional inclusion of all experiences and cultures while fostering a welcoming and open community.
- Innovation – We expect innovation as we develop cutting-edge programs and services that continuously strive for excellence while supporting student success.
- Collaboration – We embrace the spirit of collaboration through mutually beneficial partnerships on campus and in the surrounding environments fostering the exchange of knowledge, resources and expertise.
DSAES Facts and Figures
- More than 400 full-time employees
- 6 main campus residence halls
- 3 off-campus housing units
- 3 main campus health and wellness facilities: Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, Health Center, Counseling and Psychological Services
- 2 campus event centers: Student Centers, A.D. Bruce Religion center
Whether you want to join a student organization, volunteer in the community, apply for an internship, or just find something to do on a Thursday afternoon, The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services is your source for life beyond the classroom.
The policy of the University of Houston (UH) is to ensure equal opportunity in all its educational programs and activities, and all terms and conditions of employment without regard to age, race, color, disability, religion, national origin, veteran's status, genetic information, or sex (including pregnancy), except where such a distinction is required by law. Additionally, UH prohibits discrimination in all aspects of employment and educational programs on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Employees, students, and visitors to campus with questions and/or complaints regarding discrimination, or sexual misconduct (such as sexual violence) under Title IX may contact Dr. Richard Anthony Baker, Title IX Coordinator and Assistant VC/VP for Equal Opportunity Services (EOS) or the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Dr. Baker serves as the Title IX Coordinator as well as the ADA and Section 504 Coordinator for UH and can be contacted at:
Dr. Richard Anthony Baker
4367 Wheeler St
Houston, TX 77204