Brown Bag Discussion
The DSA Professional Development Committee would like to invite you to the "Critical Conversations: Transitioning to an assessment focused and evidence-based culture in student affairs and enrollment services " brown bag.
- Date: Wednesday September 17, 2014
- Time: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Location: University Career Services, 106 Student Service Center 1, Conference room
- Facilitated By: Pam Shefman, PhD, Director, Director, Assessment and Planning, Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services
The DSAES is committed to shaping a culture of innovation and engagement among students and the DSAES staff who serve them. To support this vision, this Fall, the Professional Development Committee is initiating Critical Conversations. This is a space for DSAES staff to engage in lively dialogue about critical issues confronting higher education and how these issues impact our UH community, particularly the DSAES. These conversations will typically be based on a video or article. Our first Critical Conversation will be facilitated by Pamela Shefman, PhD, Director of Assessment in the DSAES. Attendees will read a brief article beforehand that examines the experiences of student affairs professionals transitioning to an assessment focused culture.
Attendees are encouraged to come prepared to share their own questions, ideas, and experiences after reading the article. Some questions to consider:
- How does embracing a culture of assessment and evidence change our practice as student affairs and enrollment services professionals?
- What does embracing a culture of assessment and evidence mean for the future of student affairs and enrollment services?
Please RSVP by 9/15/14
RSVP no later than Sept. 15th 2014