News | 2013
News - Archives
SGA Plans Health & Wellness Week
Oct. 23 – Beginning today, October 23, The University of Houston’s Student Government Association (SGA) is sponsoring UH Health & Wellness Week in efforts to promote the variety of health and wellness programs and services on campus. Following the theme of “Live, Laugh, Learn,” SGA has organized some entertaining and educational opportunities that span October 23-25. In partnership with the Division of Student Affairs’ Health and Wellness area, which is comprised of Campus Recreation, Counseling and Psychological Services, Health Center, and UH Wellness, in addition to Student Housing & Residential Life, University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic, UH Dining, and the Women’s Resource Center, SGA has planned the following activities:
Tuesday – “Live”
- Message from BodyWorx at PGH: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Blood Drive with Delta Epsilon Psi at Agnes Arnold: 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Self Defense Class by Sen. Thuy at the CRWC: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday – “Laugh”
- Comedian Show hosted by the Student Program Board in the UC: 7:00 p.m.
- Chef Romines is demonstrating how to prepare a healthy meal at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday – “Learn”
- Resource Fair: Butler Plaza in front of the library, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- UH College of Pharmacy Glucose testing: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
For more details, visit SGA’s Facebook page.
About the University of Houston
The University of Houston is a comprehensive national research institution serving the globally competitive Houston and Gulf Coast Region by providing world-class faculty, experiential learning and strategic industry partnerships. UH serves more than 38,500 students in the nation's fourth-largest city, located in the most ethnically and culturally diverse region of the country.