In celebration of the City of Houston’s Citizenship Month, the University Centers is sponsoring a photo contest. Starting Wednesday, October 15th – Friday, November 14th, UH students will be given the opportunity to submit campus photos that capture the essence of Citizenship Month.
Take a picture on the University of Houston campus that highlights one of the following terms associated with citizenship month. Use your photography illustrate what one of these terms mean to you.
Greater awareness of what it means to be a citizen in order to foster positive, active civic engagement.
Underscoring of the City’s diverse ethnic, immigration, cultural, professional and socioeconomic communities to support social cohesion, secure and vibrant neighborhoods, productive workplaces and healthy communities.
- Global Houston
Highlighting the City as a global, inclusive, vibrant place uniquely-positioned and highly attractive to do international business in order to support its economic growth and health and foster increased work opportunities for our diverse populations.
Providing opportunities for community-driven events representing every segment of City life to support our City’s neighbors getting to know each other better for harmony, cooperation and a sense of citizen stewardship towards one another and the City as our home and work space.
- All photos must be taken on the University of Houston - Main Campus
- All photo submissions must high quality .jpg files, not exceeding 5 MB
- Limit one photo submissions per category.
- Student must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at the University of Houston to participate.
- Photos will be screened and judged by a panel of faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- A winner will be named in each category.
The winners will be announced Friday, November 21, 2014.
Winners in each of the four categories receive a $100 gift Card Barnes & Noble and Cougar Spirit Pack (valued at $100)