In celebration of the City of Houston’s Citizenship Month, the University Centers is sponsoring a photo contest. Starting Monday, October 28th – Monday, November 11th, UH students will be given the opportunity to submit campus photos that capture the essence of Citizenship Month.
Take a picture othe University of Houston campus that highlights one of the following terms associated with citizenship month. Through photography illustrate what one of these terms mean to you.
What We Are Celebrating
Greater awareness of what it means to be a citizen in order to foster positive, active civic engagement.
Underscoring of the City’s diverse ethnic, immigration, cultural, professional and socioeconomic communities to support social cohesion, secure and vibrant neighborhoods, productive workplaces and healthy communities.
- Global Houston
Highlighting the City as a global, inclusive, vibrant place uniquely-positioned and highly attractive to do international business in order to support its economic growth and health and foster increased work opportunities for our diverse populations.
Providing opportunities for community-driven events representing every segment of City life to support our City’s neighbors getting to know each other better for harmony, cooperation and a sense of citizen stewardship towards one another and the City as our home and work space.
- All photos must be taken on the University of Houston - Main Campus
- All photo submissions must high quality .jpg files, not exceeding 5 MB
- Limit 4 photo submissions per student.
- Student must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at the University of Houston to participate.
- Photos will be screened and judged by a panel of faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- A winner will be named in each category.
The winners will be announced November 30th.
All winners will receive a $100 gift Card to Best Buy and a Barnes & Noble Cougar Spirit Pack (valued at $100)