University Testing Services (UTS)
Learning & Assessment Services204 Student Service Center
Mission:The University Testing Services (UTS) provides comprehensive testing and assessment services through administration of institutional, diagnostic, psychological, academic, and professional licensure examinations.
• Provide comprehensive assessment services
• Administer the credit by exam program
• Support student placement into appropriate courses
• Provide consultation for test development and validation
• Meet licensing and certification needs of UH and the Houston Community
• Administration of admission and placement exams
• Administration of credit by exam program
• Administration of professional certification and licensing exams
• Administration of psychological batteries
• Delivery of computer based testing for exams such as the GRE, CLEP, TOEFL, and TExES
• Test development and validation
• Scholarly review of tests and materials
Institutional TestingFor prospective and enrolled students, which includes the Institutional SAT, Institutional TOEFL, Miller Analogies Test (MAT), SPEAK test, and the TExES Qualifier examination.
Placement TestingTests offered: Foreign Language, placement tests.
Credit By ExaminationUTS offers Credit by Examination options enabling students to receive credit for the following programs:
• Advanced Placements (AP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) (Offered only in High School)
• College Level Entrance Program (CLEP),
• Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
• Departmental Credit Test Program
• Scholastic Aptitude Test SAT II
Computer Based TestingUniversity Testing Services offers computer-based versions of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Students can register on the web for these tests. Placement tests such as French, Spanish Placement, etc...
ConsultationTS offers a wide range of consultation services including, credit by exam selection consultation, placement test validation, and consultation related to standardized testing. Correspondence/Distance Education Testing Students attending other universities or institutions may have their examinations administered at the University of Houston. The tests may be in the traditional paper and pencil format or delivered on the web. Distance education tests can be faxed, e-mailed, or mailed to UTS.
Course Testing SupportUTS administers make-up exams, exams requiring special accommodation, and special program tests such as certifications.