Environmental Health and Safety
Dock 17 General Services Building, Room 183
The University of Houston endeavors to provide a safe and healthy environment and to develop positive attitudes regarding safety among all members of the university community.
It is each student's responsibility to take an active part in initiating preventive measures to control hazards associated with university activities. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Understand and comply with university and departmental safety instructions, whether written or oral, when performing assigned work tasks.
2. Place special emphasis on understanding and complying with the safety practices.
3. Use only tools and equipment approved or provided by the supervisor/instructor.
4. Use appropriate safety equipment and guards at all times and work within established safety procedures, giving precedence to correct methods over expediency or shortcuts.
5. Report unsafe conditions, practices or equipment to the supervisor/instructor whenever such deficiencies are observed and as often as necessary to assure their correction.
6. Inform the supervisor/instructor immediately of all injuries or accidents and assist injured persons in obtaining prompt medical treatment when necessary.
For treatment of minor injuries, contact the Health Center at 713-743-5151. Emergencies should be reported to the Department of Public Safety at 911.