Fire Marshal's office
University of Houston
Environmental Health and Life Safety
Fire Marshal’s Office
4513 Cullen Boulevard, Second Floor
(Building 106 @ Entrance 8)
Houston, Texas 77204-1005
Mail Code: 1005
Fire Marshal's Office, a division of the Department of Public Safety, supports prevention, planning and response. Everyone on campus has a responsibility to prevent fires and injuries, to plan for emergencies, and to respond according to the emergency plan. Specific responsibilities include:
- Using UL or F.M. labeled appliances and power strips with built-in fuses or circuit breakers.
- Contacting the Fire Marshal's office regarding the use of items with open flames.
- Reporting blocked exit paths, improper storage, smoking in buildings, and physical safety hazards.
- Becoming familiar with at least two exits other than elevators in buildings that one frequents.
- Knowing the location and operation of the fire alarm system.
- Evacuating a building when the alarm is sounding or when advised to do so.
- Calling 911 for fire, medical and police emergencies.