Learning Support Services
Learning & Assessment Services Room N109 Cougar Village #1 (Use your Cougar 1 card for access to the building.)
Mission:The mission of Learning Support Services (LSS) is the promotion of student success. The focus of LSS is on learning how to learn. LSS offers tutoring (walk-in), learning strategies counseling and workshops, and resource materials to enhance academic performance. There is no charge for any of our services.
• Facilitate student learning
• Provide tutoring for a wide range of subjects
• Provide multimedia resources to support student learning
• Offer workshops and seminars on learning strategies
Learning styles and strategies assessment
• Learning strategies counseling
• Graduate & professional student support including instruction and tutoring in scholarly writing, presentation skills, and learning styles and workshops on topics such as American Psychological Association writing style.
• Seminars and workshops on learning strategies
• Faculty consultation & coordination of learning workshops delivered in academic departments
Internships:Beginning counselors enrolled in the UH Educational Psychology Department can apply for internships and practicum training at LSS.
Certification:Tutors are certified by the International College Reading and Learning Association and the tutoring program is certified by the National Association of Developmental Educators.