Student Advocacy and Support Services
- A problem-solving service that assists students.
- A networking service that helps students resolve problems or refers students to the office or person who can help with the problem.
- A service that helps students with various academic and non-academic concerns such as residency status, registration, fee payment, housing, financial aid, grades, parking and other university-related issues.
The Student Advocacy and Support Services problem-solver will:
- Listen to the student and discuss his/her concerns, questions, or complaints.
- Provide information that will help resolve the student's problem.
- Explain University policies and procedures and their effect on the student.
- Follow-up on student concerns, problems, and complaints.
Most major departments have Student Advocacy and Support Services designated problem-solvers. For further information, please stop by the Dean of Students Office located in Room 252, University Center. This service is sponsored by the Dean of Students Office in conjunction with UH colleges and departments.