Page 25 - codeofconduct

‒ 23 ‒
Persons responsible for distributing alcoholic beverages must:
Be 21 years of age or older.
Check a valid driver’s license or Texas ID for proof of age and identify legal
age drinkers by the use of a hand stamp or a wristband.
Post a sign at the point of distribution indicating “No alcoholic beverages
may be consumed by anyone under age 21.”
Have nonalcoholic beverages available and displayed throughout the event
as prominently as the alcoholic beverages. If the alcoholic beverages are
being distributed free, a nonalcoholic beverage other than water must be
available at no charge.
Stop serving alcoholic beverages one hour before the event’s scheduled
conclusion or at 12 a.m., whichever is the earlier time.
Cease serving alcoholic beverages to any person who appears to be under
the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance, to the degree
that he or she may endanger himself or another.
Take other appropriate steps they may identify to encourage the responsible
use of alcoholic beverages at their event.
Post a sign announcing their willingness to call a cab for those under the
influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance.
Provide food items in sufficient amounts for the number of persons
attending the function.
Students shall not:
Use false identification cards in order to receive alcoholic beverages;
Provide alcoholic beverages to a minor;
Consume alcoholic beverages on campus except in approved food
establishments, at events where such beverages are being distributed legally
and in approved areas in the residence halls;
Bring alcoholic beverages into or out of an event where such beverages are
being distributed legally.
Students will be held responsible for their guests’ compliance with University
The Executive Director of Student Housing and Residential Life and the Assistant
Vice President for Student Life may impose additional regulations in the residence
halls and in the University Center and UC Satellite respectively.
For additional information, including a summary of state law, resources for assistance,
and educational guidelines or programming, contact the Department of Campus
Activities, the Health Center, the UC Conference and Reservation Services (CARS)
Office, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) or the Dean of Students
The Distribution of Alcoholic Beverages Policy for Calhoun Lofts residence facility
is currently under review and does not currently apply to events and/or activities
held in Calhoun Lofts. Residents of Calhoun Lofts should contact the Calhoun Lofts