State law requires that you be informed of the following: (1) with few exceptions, you are entitled on request to be informed about the information the University collects about you by use of this form; (2) under sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Government Code, you are entitled to receive and review the information; and (3) under section 559.004 of the Government Code, you are entitled to have the University correct information about you that is incorrect.
Download the Financial Emergency Loan Request Form (PDF)
Financial Emergency Loans
The Dean of Students Office will issue financial emergency loans for up to $500. The student will apply for the loan in the Dean of Students Office by completing the contact card and going through the preliminary screening interview. An assistant dean will determine the students' financial eligibility and verify that the student is not on the delinquent list. The student will fill out the loan agreement and the Dean will sign off on the loan. The student will be directed to the Office of Student Business Services, where the student will be issued up to $500 in cash.
Once the loan has been processed by the Dean of Students Office, the original copy of the promissory note will be forwarded to the OSF Services on a daily basis. The loan will then be applied to the student's account.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Currently enrolled in at least (6) hours.
- Have no past due short-term loans or a history of past due short-term loans.
- Have no outstanding returned checks or a history of returned checks.
- Have no financial stops.
- Have no delinquent university debts.
What to bring to the interview?
- Fee Bill
- 2 forms of Photo I.D.
- Address and Telephone numbers for TWO References (cannot be students)
- Documentation associated with the emergency
Emergency loan money issued by the Dean of Students Office will not be available for the purchase of books, tuition, room and board.
Contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for Special Loan Programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do I apply for the emergency loan?
A: You may apply for an emergency loan in the Dean of Students Office anytime after you have paid your bill and have been activated for enrollment.
Q: What constitutes an emergency?
A: Unexpected medical emergencies or other unforeseen situations.
Q: What is the interest rate on the loan?
A: 12% per annum or 1% every 30 day period calculated from the loan origination date. A $5.00 loan origination fee is charged to the student account.
Q: May I have more than $500.00
A: No. The loan is limited to a maximum of $500.00
Q: May I have more than one emergency loan?
A: In general, the student is only eligible for one loan per semester. Extenuating circumstances may be considered for one additional loan if specified criteria can be met.
Documentation Needed to Verify Emergency
- Living Expenses - bills and/or past due notification
- Car Payment, Insurance, Repairs - payment books, statements, estimates or name and telephone number of party rendering services
- Medical and Dental - name and telephone number of practitioner, appointment and/or bill
- Rent - lease agreement and/or eviction notice
- Illness and Death of Family Member - medical records, death certificate, obituary, etc.