Student Research Opportunities around the World
NOTE: Students receiving non-UH scholarships for travel/study/internship/volunteer opportunities abroad are required to visit the Office of International Studies and Programs
prior to their departure in order to be in compliance with UH Safety and Health regulations.
Please contact Ms. Parul Fernandes (Director, OISP) via email at email@example.com or call 713-743-9167 to schedule an appointment.
To browse opportunities, click on the below links to proceed further. Visit us again for more information and updates:
- Funded Programs
- NanoJapan - Summer Nanotechnology Study Program (Japan)
International REU Program in Smart Structures (Korea)
- Research Activity on Fuel Cells (China)
- Research Internships in Science and Engineering - DAAD (Germany)
- Research Program in Ancient biodiversity (Panama Canal)
- Research Program in Degraded Agroecosystems of the Sahel (France, Senegal)
- Research Program in Ice Core Science (Denmark, France, Japan, Switzerland)
- Research Program in Mass Spectrometry (Netherlands)
- Research Program in Microfluidic Devices (Brazil)
- Research Program in Mechanics and Materials Science (Belgium, Germany, Italy, UK)
- Research Program in Terahertz Dynamics in Nanostructures (Japan)
- Research Program in Terrestrial Ecosystems (Brazil)
- Research Program on Wildfire feedbacks and
its consequences (Australia, New Zealand)
- Summer Research Program in Astrophysics (India)
- Summer Research Program in Organometallic Chemistry (United Kingdom)
- Summer Research Program - UREKA BioNET (Ireland)
- Sustainable Development of Water and Sanitation Systems (Honduras)
- Training in Open Science Data Cloud (Brazil, China, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, UK)
- Scholarships and Fellowships
- Office of International Studies and Programs
Students can also access a growing number of research opportunities on and off campus via the eDISCOVERY portal. Visit the eDISCOVERY tab for more information about searching for research opportunities. Register for a student account to access available research projects and internships.
*Additional listings of research opportunities can be found at the Office of Undergraduate Research website. That office administers several mentored research programs and nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships. Students do not have to be members of the Honors College to apply for these programs.
Last Updated Date: 06/08/2011