- Campus parking will be impacted in areas around the Moores School of Music and the Athletics/Alumni Center February 21-26.
- Lots 16B, 16C and 16D will be closed beginning Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 10 p.m. and will reopen on Friday, Feb. 26 at 3 a.m. Any vehicles still in these lots after that time will be towed at the owner’s expense. To locate a vehicle that has been towed call UH Dispatch at 713-743-3333. View a map of the affected areas.
- Additional closures include gated lots 15A and 15G, which will be going offline Sunday, Feb. 21 and Wednesday, Feb. 24, respectively. To view these closures on a map, click the lot number.
- As a result of these closures, disabled spaces in the area will not be available. For special assistance, contact UHDPS Dispatch at 713-743-3333.
- Please monitor University of Houston Cougar email regarding parking updates and alternate travel options.
Anticipated Street Closures
- Cullen Blvd will be closed between Holman and Elgin Streets from 10 p.m. February 24 through 3 a.m. February 26.
- As a result of these closures, the Campus Loop Shuttle will not be running on Thursday, Feb. 25 and METRO bus routes in the area will be reworked. For more information on specific METRO detours, visit http://www.ridemetro.org/Pages/Detours.aspx.
- All commuters are advised to make alternate travel plans.
- Please monitor University of Houston email messages for more information on traffic and parking impacts.
Bike Racks and Bike Removal
- From Monday, Feb. 22 to Friday, Feb. 26 no bikes will be allowed in the arts corridor of campus along Cullen and Elgin.
- Bikes needs to be removed from bike racks, trees, stairwells and other objects in the area by the end of the day Sunday, Feb. 21.
- Any bikes not removed by Sunday, Feb. 21 will be relocated to a secure location.
- Not all bike racks on campus will be affected. Signage is placed at the racks designated as closed.
- More information about the affected area can be found by contacting UH Dispatch at 713-743-3333.
- No classes will be cancelled as a result of the debate or debate-related activities.
- Colleges will directly advise students if a class location or class time will be moved.