The University of Houston has been selected by ABC13 and Univision 45 as site-host of the debate between Senator Ted Cruz and Congressman Beto O'Rourke on September 30, 2018. As a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research institution, UH is committed to providing affordable and outstanding educational excellence to over 46,000 students. Hosting such an important public discussion about our state and country’s future – one that impacts our community locally, nationally and abroad – is precisely in line with our steadfast commitment to leadership and our ongoing academic pursuit of scientific, political and social discourse.
- Sept. 30, 2018 – Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke Debate at UH
- October 22, 2018 – Early voting begins
- November 6, 2018 – Midterm Elections
- The debate will take place in Student Center Theatre at UH Student Center South, beginning at 6 p.m. on Sept. 30, 2018.
- A Spin Room for credentialed media will be located in the in the Student Center.
- ABC13 and Univision45 will be broadcasting the debate to ABC affiliates across Texas and streaming to online audiences nationwide.
Thank you for your interest in the upcoming debate. The University of Houston is acting as site-host for this private event, the terms of which were set by the candidates' campaigns. We are doing our best to provide students and others in the University of Houston community opportunities to participate in a variety of ways. We do not have debate tickets available for sale or distribution to the general public.