All registered student organizations in good standing have the privilege of holding events on campus. Depending on the kind of event, you may need to complete Event Registration.
All events* that require Event Registration in Get Involved are required to be submitted at least 5 business days before the event in order to be considered for approval.
*Events that require additional approvals (food, tents, open flame, etc.)
Event registration is needed for events that are…
- Food is being served
- Alcohol is being served
- Audience includes minors or off-campus guests
- Attendance of 200 or more
- Social in Nature
- Charging Admission or Collecting Money
- High Risk Activities (potential for injury, harm, damage, etc.)
- Receiving funding (AFB or CCA)
- Funded by Student Services Fee
- Held on-campus
- Other special circumstances
- Student organizations must begin the event registration process at least 15 business days ahead of the event (both Get Involved and Room Reservation Process). This also applies to Bayou Oaks events and New Member Presentations.
- Complete online Event Registration through Get Involved. (see the steps below)
- Fill out the online Student Center Reservation form and submit!
- The RSO Indoor Event Policy pertains to those on‐campus events sponsored by a registered student organization at the University of Houston meeting two of the three following criteria:
- Includes admissions, cash donations at the door, or advanced ticket sales
- Attracts persons who are not currently enrolled UH students
- Is a social event: to include, but not limited to mixers, dances, parties, performances, concerts, etc.
CFSL New Member Presentations
The Bayou Oaks Townhouse Event Policy pertains to (1) registered social events sponsored by fraternities/sororities within their townhomes and (2) fraternities/sororities hosting off-campus social events with the intent to transport attendees to/from Bayou Oaks.
CFSL Bayou Oaks Event Registration
The New Member Presentation Policy pertains to the planning and coordination of new member presentations by fraternities and sororities.
Steps for Event Registration
Student Organizations can complete Event Registration exclusively online! Additionally, student leaders need to also submit their reservations online.
- One of the top 3 student leaders should log on to their Get Involved account. *Must be currently registered and listed as a primary, secondary or financial officer*
- Go to your organization’s Get Involved page and click Events.
- Next Click Create an Event.
Fill out the information requested. As you answer questions about your event the system will generate your necessary forms. That’s right all required forms are embedded in the online Event Registration process! To ensure approval make sure you answer all questions completely.
Students must include their Conference and Reservation Services (CARS) Reservation ID number or the contact information building coordinator who made the reservation.
- Be specific about the event’s actual location in the form (Room Number or Table Number)
- Make sure the date(s) and time(s) in the form coincide with your reservation(s)
- Be sure you have your notifications on in Get Involved so you can make any updates to your event registration.
- Once you have completed the event registration form you will be taken to the “Thank You” page. Please note, at this point you have only completed the first step. Click the link that says, “Make your online space reservation request.”
- To reserve space online, you will need an EMS login. (If you have not been contacted about this account, contact email@example.com)
- Complete your online space request.
- You will be notified within 7 business days of your reservation submission by Conference and Reservation Services (CARS) on the status of your reservation.
- Large scale events, may take longer than 7 days. Please plan accordingly.
- If you make any changes to your reservation, please contact Student Center CARS immediately.
- Have a great Event!
Advanced reservations for weekly/bi-weekly/monthly meetings in the Student Center open on November 15th (for Spring Semester) and April 15th (for Summer Term and Fall Semester). Other reservations for events will be accepted up to 6 months ahead of the event date. Spaces fill up quickly.