Thank you for your interest – applications are closed until March
What is Ignite?
Ignite is a group leadership program designed to help students develop their basic leadership skills. Participants will develop their leadership potential while building relationships and having fun with other student leaders. Peer Mentors will guide small groups through the program and create positive relationships in a supportive environment.
Each year there will be two sections of Ignite.
- Fall Semester: Open to Sophomores – Seniors looking for a beginning leadership experience to build their skills and get involved on campus. Applications accepted during the previous Spring and Summer semesters.
- Spring Semester: Freshmen only! Up to 50 first year Freshmen students are selected to this beginning leadership training experience with a special emphasis on getting involved on campus and building positive relationships. Applications are accepted during the previous Fall semester. (September/ October).
What will I gain?
- Fundamental leadership skills that benefit you personally and professionally
- Confidence in your leadership skills
- A network of friends and fellow leaders
- An introduction to leadership opportunities on campus
- Community Service and Social group activities
The weekly workshops will meet from 1pm to 3pm on Friday afternoons in the UC Bluebonnet Room from August 30th to November 15th and will include topics like:
- Leadership Styles
- Time and Stress Management
- Public Speaking
- Conflict Management
- Ethical Decision Making
- Many more!
- 12 – 14 Workshop meetings
- Participating in a small group lead by a leadership Peer Mentor
- An overnight leadership retreat
- Planning and participation in social and community service events
- Information about campus events and resources
- Ignite Graduation (Saturday, November 16)
- A $25 program fee (upon acceptance)
- No more than two absences throughout the program
- Attendance at the overnight retreat September 6th-7th (back up dates September 13th – 14th)
- Participation on at least one social event or community service planning committee
Application process / timeline
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through August 21st.
Phone, Skype or Personal interviews will be arranged on an individual basis.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org