What is Ignite?
Ignite is a group leadership program designed to help students develop their basic leadership skills. Participants will develop their leadership potential while building relationships and having fun with other student leaders. Peer Mentors will guide small groups through the program and create positive relationships in a supportive environment.
What will I gain?
- Fundamental leadership skills that benefit you personally and professionally
- Confidence in your leadership skills
- A network of friends and fellow leaders
- An introduction to leadership opportunities on campus
- Community Service and Social group activities
The weekly workshops will meet from 1pm to 3pm on Friday afternoons in the UC Bluebonnet Room from August 30th to November 15th and will include topics like:
- Leadership Styles
- Time and Stress Management
- Public Speaking
- Conflict Management
- Ethical Decision Making
- Many more!
- 10 Workshop meetings
- Participating in a small group lead by a leadership Peer Mentor
- An overnight leadership retreat
- Planning and participation in social and community service events
- Information about campus events and resources
- Ignite Graduation (Saturday, November 16)
- A $25 program fee (upon acceptance)
- No more than two absences throughout the program
- Attendance at the overnight retreat September 6th-7th (back up dates September 13th – 14th)
- Participation on at least one social event or community service planning committee
Application process and program timeline
- Applicants will be contacted for interviews: April 19th
- Selected applicants will be notified: May 1st
Check back in March to apply for Ignite Fall 2013!
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org