Ignite Mentors have the opportunity to guide students as they explore campus leadership opportunities; develop personal leadership skills; and create a network of colleagues throughout campus.
Responsibilities of an Ignite Mentor include:
- Serve as a role model for Ignite Mentees
- Support the academic and student success of participants
- Connect students with people, resources, and opportunities on campus
- Collaborate with your program advisors in facilitating discussions with your Ignite class and fostering an environment that engages and empowers your mentees
- Plan periodic opportunities to gather with your Ignite small group outside of the mandatory Ignite sessions
- Serve as liaisons and student representatives for Ignite as well as the Center for Student Involvement (CSI)