MLK Day of Service
Thank you for your interest! Due to a positive response this event has filled and is now closed. We look forward to seeing you at future events.
Monday, January 20
9:30am - 3:30pm
Martin Luther King Jr. Day is recognized as a National Day of Service. Start your semester off right by joining other UH students to make a difference and honor his legacy. We will be dividing participants into two large work teams.
- One will assist with landscaping projects for Vitae-Living , a non-profit organization that provides support and group homes for people with developmental disabilities.
- The other group will work with our local Habitat for Humanity chapter to landscape, plant, recycle building materials and do small projects in a neighborhood.
This event will happen rain or shine and all participants should meet in the Student Center Ballroom wearing closed toe shoes and work clothes. Plan appropriately for the weather and bring a hat, sunscreen or raincoat/warm jacket as needed. A detailed schedule is listed below. All participants can receive documentation for 3 hours of community service time. If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 832-842-6245.
|9:30 am||Check-In / breakfast tacos in the Student Center New Ballroom 210|
|9:45 am||Welcome, Safety and Project Debrief|
|10:30 am||Load buses – depart for project sites|
|11:00 am||Service (please note lunch will not be served)|
|2:00 pm||Load buses return to campus|
|2:30 pm||Wrap up meeting in the Student Center New Ballroom 210|
MLK Jr. Day of Service is collaboration between:
- Center for Student Involvement
- Metropolitan Volunteer Program
- Student Housing and Residence Life