UH Student Services
Below are just a few of the many campus departments and organizations that provide a wide range of services and support to students:
- Attendant Care Services - provides assistance to physically challenged students so they can live on campus independently while working towards their academic goal.
- Challenger Program - provides support to students who face obstacles in their efforts to complete a college education. Services include tutoring, counseling, financial aid advisement/assistance, and social enrichment.
- Counseling and Psychological Services - supports the personal development and academic success of students through a variety of programs and services. All counseling is confidential and is generally free to students.
- Division of Student Affairs – provides a comprehensive array of services, programs, and activities to facilitate the intellectual, social, psychological, and career development of students.
- Health Center – provides treatment of minor illnesses and injury as well as health education for students. The Health Center charges nominal fees for services and procedures. The pharmacy sells prescription and over-the-counter drugs at a reduced rate.
- Learning Support Services - offers free individual tutoring sessions in most subjects for students. Services include ongoing study skills seminars, supplemental instructional groups, and examination preparation workshops.
- Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic – provides evaluation and treatment services for speech, language and hearing disorders.
- University Career Services – provides a full range of career decision-making and job search services for students. Career development resources include one-to-one career counseling, vocational testing, and more.
- University Eye Institute – provides comprehensive eye and vision examinations. Students, faculty, and staff receive fee reductions for primary examinations and optical materials.
- Veterans’ Service Office – provides counseling to assist student-veterans and benefits-eligible dependents in processing their educational benefits as well as personalized counseling on a wide variety of concerns.
Visit the UH Services page for a list of all services available at the University of Houston.
State law requires that users of this site be informed that this site collects the following information about the users: the number of times someone visits this web site. If you respond to the "comments" form included on this site, your response, comment, or question will be forwarded to a staff member in Student Affairs who will respond directly to you. Otherwise, no data is archived or kept for any other purpose.