Computers and Locations
The Justin Dart, Jr. Center for Students with DisABILITIES has two computer labs that registered students are free to use during hours of operation. Computers containing a wide range of hardware and software are also available in some of the testing rooms. A listing of the computer technology currently available at the Center follows.
- Adjustable work spaces and chairs
- Extra-wide work stations
- Privacy panels
- MS Office 2007
- Internet Access
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Reader
- Quick Time
- Virus scan
Adaptive Software Available:
- Zoom Text - Screen Magnifier
- Zoom Text - Screen Magnifier/Screen Reader
- Jaws - Screen Reader
- SoothSayer - Word Prediction
- Dragon Naturally Speaking - Speech Recognition
Adaptive Equipment Available:
- CCTV - A video camera that focuses on the printed page and displays on PC monitor.
- Hearing Helper FM Systems - Portable compact transmitters with microphones.
- PC Monitors - 21 and 22-inch wide screen monitors.
- Sorenson VRS - Video Relay Station for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
- Everest Index Braille - Braille translation and embosser.
- Head Tracking Mouse - Allows for control over the movement of the cursor through head movements.
For assistance, please contact Michael Henry, at (713) 743-5400 or email email@example.com.
Other Computer Labs
See Other Computer Labs for a list of locations and descriptions of other computer labs available to students, faculty, and staff at the University of Houston.
State law requires that users of this site be informed that this site collects the following information about the users: the number of times someone visits this web site. If you respond to the "comments" form included on this site, your response, comment, or question will be forwarded to a staff member in Student Affairs who will respond directly to you. Otherwise, no data is archived or kept for any other purpose.