The MA program in Arts Leadership follows the College of the Arts requirements for admission:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with an overall 3.0 (B) average on the last 60 hours of course credit.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Letters of recommendation
- A resume of academic and work experience
- A statement of interest in and preparation for the program (This statement should outline your past education and professional experience as it relates to the Arts Leadership program, your career objectives and why you feel you would be a strong candidate for the program.)
- Application Deadline for Spring Semester 2017 is November 14, 2016 at 5pm (Domestic Students Only)
- Application Deadline for Fall Semester 2017 is May 1, 2017 at 5pm (Domestic and International Students)
For current tuition rates, please see the Graduate Studies tuition page. Please note that we are a College of the Arts Professional Master’s Program.
Please follow directions carefully as outlined in the UH Graduate School Application Instructions
- Non-refundable Application fee of $50. Applicants must pay with a credit card while applying online.
- International Students must pay an additional non-refundable Application Evaluation Fee of $75.00. (If payment is coming from outside the U.S., this must be in the form of an American Express money order or a draft from a U.S. bank).
- A completed Graduate Application form. The completed online application is automatically sent to the University of Houston once submitted. The online application includes a prompt for the applicant’s statement of interest and preparation for the Arts Leadership Program.
- GRE Scores (sent electronically to the University of Houston – code 6870)
- 3 letters of recommendation from those who are familiar with your work and educational preparation.
- A resume of academic and work experience.
- Unofficial transcripts from each college or university attended since high school
- 2 official transcripts from each college or university attended since high school mailed directly to the the mail addresses listed below. Official transcripts must be sent in a sealed, signed envelope.
Applicants who are not citizens of the United States are considered international students by the University, regardless of residency or immigration status.
TOEFL: International students who have received their bachelor's degree from an accredited institution inside the U.S. are not required to submit a TOEFL score. International students who have completed their bachelor's degree outside the U.S. are required to have a minimum score of 550 on the paper TOEFL exam and the ITOEFL; and a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based exam to be considered for admission to the Arts Leadership program.
|US Applicants||International Applicants|
|Regular Mail and Express Mail Address
University of Houston
MA in Arts Leadership
3333 Cullen Blvd. #120
Houston, TX 77204-4017
Regular International Mail Address
Express International Mail Address