UHCLC makes an annual presentation during the UH Student Fees Advisory Committee Allocation Process and requests UH student service fees for child care tuition scholarships. This scholarship money is independent of the UH Scholarships and Financial Aid Office.
UHCLC administrators review the applications each semester and award SFAC funds to student parents who have a remaining need as determined by the UH Scholarships and Financial Aid Office.
Child care tuition assistance awards range up to a 25-40% reduction in weekly child care tuition fees.
In order be eligible for the SFAC child care tuition assistance program a parent must:
- Have a child enrolled at UHCLC.
- Have a completed application for the current academic year on file with the UH Scholarships and Financial Aid Office. This includes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be in good academic standing as defined by UH and enrolled for a minimum of six semester hours. Failure to maintain six semester hours may result in forfeiture of the assistance.
- Not owe money to UHCLC.
- Be willing to follow all policies and procedures of UHCLC.
Approved assistance can only be used for the current semester.
To apply for the SFAC child care tuition assistance program:
- Complete the application below.
- Attach a copy of the UH PeopleSoft Financial Aid Summary, showing a remaining need and a short essay.
- Turn in completed application with the required attachments to Jennifer Skopal.