Funding Information and Sources
- List of Grants and Fellowships for Women (Michigan State University)
- List of GLBT Grants and Fellowships (Michigan State University)
- Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship
- Woodrow Wilson Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship in Women's Studies
- Coordinating Council For Women in History: The Berkshire Conference of Women Historians Graduate Student Fellowship and the Ida B. Wells Graduate Student Fellowship
American Association of University Women: Fellowships, Grants and Awards for U.S. and International Women Scholars
- #Ferguson, A UH Community Conversation & Additional Resources.
- South Asia to Houston: Conversations and Connections Around Gender-Based Violence:
Speaker Publications and Additional Resources
- Women's Studies/Women's Issues Resource Sites: links to information and resources on women's issues
- Artemis Guide to Women's Studies Programs: links to women's studies programs nationwide
- Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs Center on Women and Public Policy: resource for teaching, research and outreach
- The National Women's Studies Association: devoted to teaching, learning and research for pre-K through post-secondary education
- The Pill: PBS American Experience documentary with accompanying website featuring primary sources and teaching materials
- HerStory Scrapbook
- Defending Women’s Rights In America and Around the World
- Women Working 2000: supports women in advancing, leading, and navigating work/life.
- Creating Change: the national conference on LGBT equality
- Empowering Women of Color Conference
- Southern Connecticut State Annual Women's Studies Conference
- SCSU Women's Studies Graduate Conference
- Associated Colleges of the South Women's and Gender Studies Conference
- Los Angeles Queer Studies Conference (UCLA)
- International Canterbury Christ Church University Queering Paradigms network
- Treaty for Rights of Women: general information on UN treaty and how to be involved in getting the US to sign
- Feminist Campus Network: offers resources and network opportunities for nationwide college feminists
- Women's Calendar: events that connect women... this national calendar is searchable by location and date as well as areas of interest
- Women For Women International: organization dedicated to helping women survivors of war... you can also purchase fair trade items crafted by women in the program or sponsoring parters
- International Sanctuary: non-profit organization that supports victims of human trafficking by providing "skills training, education, counseling, and livelihood opportunities..." you can purchase items crafted by the women in the program on the site to support recovery and financial stability.
- Asians Against Domestic Abuse: dedicated to prevention of violence against women and promoting healthy families in the Asian community
- Bad Jens: an online Iranian feminist journal
- Feministing: dedicated to getting young women involved in feminism
- ISNA: Intersex Society of North America. "Our Mission: to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for people born with atypical sex anatomy."
- Men Can Stop Rape: "Men Can Stop Rape empowers male youth and the institutions that serve them to work as allies with women in preventing rape and other forms of men's violence. Through awareness-to-action education and community organizing, we promote gender equity and build men¹s capacity to be strong without being violent."
- Feminist Majority
- Women's Issues: what you need to know about....
- The alternative to Amazon: "the oldest independent feminist bookstore in North America."
- Feminist Press
- blogher: community for women who blog
- Coalition Against Human Trafficking: Houston chapter
- Dress for Success: Houston area chapter provides business suits and career development for over 3,000 women each year
- Houston Area Women's Center: provides vital safety information and resources both to victim/survivors of sexual and domestic violence and to their family members and friends, especially in the Houston area.
- The Bridge Over Troubled Waters: Pasadena non-profit shelter program for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and homelessness.
- The Women's Home: United Way agency that assists women who have been homeless due to mental illness, addiction or abuse... runs the Cottage Thrift Shop on Westheimer.
- The Women's Institute of Houston: non-profit continuing education organization w/courses taught by faculty from local universities, including our own Dr. Dina Alsowayel.
- Pride Houston: Pride Houston is a volunteer run organization that works year round to host a variety of events to fundraise and raise awareness of important GLBT-related issues...hosts annual Houston Gay Pride parade.
- Houston Woman Magazine
- National Organization for Women in Houston
- Houston Women's Festival
- Houston Women's Caucus for Art
- WNBA Houston Comets Official Website
- Houston GLBT Political Caucus
- Queer Voices
- Go Vegan Texas
- PFLAG Houston
- Women's Resource Center (WRC) at the University of Houston
- Wednesdays in Mississippi: Civil Rights as Women's Work at the Center for Public History
- Nobel Women's Initiative
- Women's Studies Virtual Library Portal at M.D. Anderson Library
- CLASS online gift form helps support the Women's Studies Program at the University of Houston