The Houston Shakespeare Summer Conservatory is a two-week workshop of concentrated instruction in acting, voice and movement. This exciting intensive study will culminate in performances in conjunction with the Houston Shakespeare Festival at Miller Outdoor Theatre.
The HSF Conservatory is designed to give high school students:
- Exposure to rigorous pre-professional training with opportunities to study acting, text analysis, movement, voice for the stage, audition skills, and Shakespearean scansion.
- One-on-one Master Classes with seasoned professionals who have worked on Broadway, Television and Off-Broadway
- Knowledge of the basics of stage combat taught by certified Fight Directors
- Experience working and learning from an AEA professional acting company with the opportunity to perform at Houston's premier Summer Theatre Festival and be seen by over 30,000 spectators
- Up to 5 pre-reserved tickets to the HSF productions for family and friends
EARLY REGISTRATION IS ENCOURAGED. The HSF Summer Conservatory limits its enrollment to 40 students.
For more information, please contact us at HSFC@uh.edu