NOTE to FALL 2014 Applicants: If you are planning on applying for the FALL 2014 TERM the procedure is all online. Please visit the website of the University of Houston Graduate School at http://www.uh.edu/graduate-school/prospective-students/Admissions/how-to-apply/ for detailed information on the new online process. We highly encourage all Fall 2014 applicants to submit all of their documents electronically:
- through myUH, and
- with electronic ETS delivery of test scores and
- electronically delivered transcripts by academic institutions, if available.
- Letters of recommendations should be received electronically through the new e-reference process in place. Applicants need to submit reference information on the applytexas.org application
In the case when an university cannot send electronic transcripts, hard-copy submission of transcripts must be sent to the address for graduate admissions:
- UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
PO BOX 3947 HOUSTON
Individuals seeking to pursue the Master's degree at the University of Houston should contact the Sociology Graduate Advisor for information and clarifications. The best method of contact is through email to Dr. Stella Grigorian – firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To apply for the Sociology Graduate Studies Program please begin by filling out the online application at Apply Texas (www.applytexas.org) .
- Once you have completed the online application, a student ID# will be generated. Use this idea to access your myUH account. Once you access your myUH account, you will see an application “checklist” informing you of all the necessary documents that must be provided.
- Presently, there is a $35 application fee for all applicants. International students have additional fees - see next point. All applicants must pay the required application fees before their application is considered complete and ready for review.
- The University applies a fee to international applications. If you are an International student, please follow the instructions at the University of Houston International Admissions site. Note that the application fee for International Students is $75 paid by personal check drawn on US banks, or Cashier’s checks, or Money Order. If payment is being sent from outside the United States, it must be in the form of an American express money order.
- Applicants for the Fall Semester should submit completed application packet (See Admission Information and Requirements) by April 1. International students must also apply by April 1. Partial applications will not reviewed. Review will take place when all necessary documents are submitted.
- Applicants for the Spring Semester should submit completed applications by November 1. International students must apply by October 1. Partial applications will not be reviewed. Review will take place when all necessary documents are submitted.
- For a list of required application documents click on “Admission Information”.
- The Department of Sociology Graduate Program does not accept applications for Summer Semesters.
- Completed Applications will be reviewed by the Sociology Graduate Studies Committee. Official acceptance or denial of the application will be made in writing by the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and sent through regular mail.