Sleep and Anxiety
Center for Kids
University of Houston
4505 Cullen Blvd.
Houston, TX 77204
Helpful Links for Families
SACK is a clinical research center in the Department of Psychology at the University of Houston dedicated to understanding the connections between children’s sleep at night and their behavior and emotions during the day. Our research focuses on helping school-aged kids manage and overcome their anxiety, fears, and sleep-related problems. SACK offers both research opportunities and low-cost clinical services for families based on the latest scientific evidence. We are pleased to offer U.S. military families services at no charge.
Military Deployment and Children
Military families are needed to participate in research study aimed at understanding how deployments affect children and spouses/partners. No in-person visits are required. Contact Jessica at UH.MilitaryFamilyStudy@gmail.com or at 713-743-3400.
In the News
SACK Director Candice Alfano has been making news. See where we've been covered.
News & Events
- Congratulations to SACK graduate student, Katie Reynolds, who was awarded a Lonestar LEND Fellowship for 2013-2014!
- March, 2013. SACK volunteers assist the Houston Children’s Charity, “A Better Night’s Sleep”, a program that provides children from low-income families with beds and bedding. View Photos.
- Congratulations to SACK research assistant, Simon Lau, who was awarded a Provost’s Undergraduate Research Scholarship (PURS) award for the Spring 2013 semester! Simon is working with Dr. Alfano in studying the impact of deployment on military families.
- SACK students and staff participated in The Houston Walk for Mental Health Awareness on October 20, 2012 at Stude Park. View group pictures.
- Dr. Alfano participated in the “Challenges & Solutions in Medicine in the 21st Century” conference at the MD Anderson Cancer Center on July 13, 2012 by speaking to high school students about career opportunities in the field of sleep research and medicine. View group picture