The Anxiety Disorder Clinic offers low-cost cognitive-behavioral therapy for Anxiety Disorders to the general public and students at the University of Houston. The Anxiety Disorder Clinic offers low-cost cognitive-behavioral therapy for adults with an anxiety disorder.
Treatment usually last for 12 to 16 weekly sessions, although some people may require more of less time to overcome their anxiety problems. Currently, we are mainly providing group-based treatment, although possibilities for individual treatment are available.
Treatment sessions are usually weekly and will last one (if individual) or two (if group) hours. Daytime and evening hours are available. All treatments are conducted either by Dr. Peter Norton or the clinical staff of the Anxiety Disorder Clinic. All sessions are supervised by Dr. Norton.
The Anxiety Disorder Clinic does not prescribe medication, although we will gladly speak with your physician or psychiatrist about coordinating services.
If you call to request treatment at the Anxiety Disorder Clinic, several things will happen:
- Your contact information will be given to one of our therapists, who will contact you as soon as possible to schedule an assessment meeting
- The assessment meeting is designed to better understand you and how anxiety is a problem for you, and to make certain that our services would be helpful for you. The assessments are:
- Required before treatment can begin
- Usually takes 2 hours - the therapists will ask you many questions about your anxiety
- You will complete several questionnaires
- Approximately one week later, you will meet again with the assessment therapist to review the results of the assessment, return the completed questionnaires, and begin scheduling treatment if appropriate
If our services appear appropriate, group or individual treatment will begin shortly after the assessment is completed.Treatment costs:
- GROUP $20 per session (general public), $10 per session (University of Houston students)
- INDIVIDUAL $60 per session (general public), $30 per session (University of Houston students)