Director of Developmental Neuropsychology Lab
Texas Center for Learning Disabilities
Texas Institute for Measurement, Evaluation and Statistics
Ph.D., University of Houston
Health & Biomedical Sciences Building (HBSB), Room 480
Dr. Cirino will be reviewing graduate student applications for the 2019-2020 academic year. Application deadline is Dec 1, 2018. Please see Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data for details.
- Developmental Neuropsychology
- Math and Reading Learning Difficulties and Disabilities
- Attention, Working Memory, and Executive Functions
- Measurement and Metholodology
- PSYC 7338: Cognitive Disorders and Lifespan Neuropsychology: II (graduate)
- PSYC 6356: Clinical Assessment I (graduate)
- PSYC 6357: Clinical Assessment II (graduate)
- PSYC 3301: Introduction to Psychological Statistics (undergraduate)
- PSYC 1300: Introduction to Psychology (undergraduate)
Selected Publications (past 3 years)
- Cirino, P.T., Tolar, T.D., & Fuchs, L.S. (in press). Longitudinal algebra prediction for early versus later takers. Journal of Educational Research.
- Cirino, P.T., *Child, A.E., & *Macdonald, K. (in press). Longitudinal overlap of reading and math and their predictors. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Miciak, J., Cirino, P.T., Ahmed, Y., *Reid, E., & Vaughn, S. (in press). Executive functions and response to intervention: identification of struggling readers. Learning Disability Quarterly.
- *Child, A.E., Cirino, P.T., Fletcher, J.M., Willcutt, E.G., & Fuchs, L.S. (in press). A cognitive dimensional approach to understanding shared and unique contributions to reading, math, and attention skills. Journal of Learning Disabilities.
- Cirino, P.T., Ahmed, Y., Miciak, J., Taylor, W.P., *Gerst, E.H., & Barnes, M.A. (2018). A framework for executive function in the late elementary years. Neuropsychology, 32(2), 176-189.
- Powell, S.R., Cirino, P.T., & Malone, A.S. (2017). Child-level predictors of responsiveness to evidence-based mathematics intervention. Exceptional Children, 83(4), 359-377.
- Cirino, P.T., Miciak, J., *Gerst, E., Barnes, M.A., Vaughn, S., *Child, A., & *Huston-Warren, E. (2017). Executive function, self-regulated learning, and reading comprehension: A training study. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 50(4), 450-467.
- Cirino, P.T., & Willcutt, E.G. (2017). An introduction to the Special Issue: Contributions of executive functions to academic skill. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 50(4), 355-358.
- *Gerst, E., Cirino, P.T., Yoshida, H., & Fletcher, J.M. (2017). Cognitive and behavioral rating measures of executive function as predictors of academic outcomes in children. Child Neuropsychology, 23(4), 381-407.
- Fuchs, L.S., Gilbert, J.K., Powell, S.R., Cirino, P.T., Fuchs, D., Hamlett, C.L., Seethaler, P.M., & Tolar, T.D. (2016). The role of cognitive processes, foundational math skill, and calculation accuracy and fluency in word-problem solving versus pre-algebraic knowledge. Developmental Psychology, 52(12), 2085-2098.
- Cirino, P.T., Tolar, T.D., Fuchs, L.S., & *Huston-Warren, E. (2016). Cognitive and numerosity predictors of mathematical skills in middle school. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 145, 95-119.
- *Raghubar, K.P., Taylor, H., Landry, S., Cirino, P.T., Dennis, M., & Barnes, M.A. (2015). Neurocognitive predictors of mathematical processing in school-aged children with spina bifida and their typically developing peers: Attention, working memory, and fine motor skills. Neuropsychology, 29(6), 861-873.
- Cirino, P.T., Fuchs, L.S., *Elias, J.T, Powell, S.R., & Schumacher, R. (2015). Cognitive and mathematical profiles for different forms of learning disabilities. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 48(2), 156-175.