Design & Technology
University of Houston
338 McElhinney Hall
Houston, TX 77204-3000
Instructional Design & Technology
What we do
We are a resource to instructors in...
- Identifying appropriate technologies for achieving course objectives.
- Determining which course elements are more appropriate for online delivery.
- Designing, developing and implementing technology-enhanced courses.
- Assessing the overall effectiveness of courses.
- Providing support and applying revisions as a course progresses.
- Providing support and training as necessary for implementing course materials in Blackboard.
To accomplish these objectives, we frequently support instructors with:
- Course Development
- Syllabus design or redesign
- Creating assessments and surveys
- Graphic design
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Image and document scanning
- Creating PDF files
- Lecture capture using MediaSite
- Audio and video editing
- Using technology tools such as Turnitin, Wimba and Respondus
- Designing course websites
- FDIP grants
- EOP grants
We provide training in:
- Blackboard Learn
- General Intro
- Course Content
- Grade Center
- Turning Point
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Powerpoint