Buy Tickets Now
Cold Sassy Tree
by Carlisle Floyd
Sung in the original English with surtitles.
A widower enters into an arranged marriage that turns out to be more than anyone bargained for. A warm, wise, and nostalgic look at small town Southern life in 1900, Cold Sassy Tree returns home to Houston. Former UH faculty member Carlisle Floyd, the dean of American opera composers, penned this valentine to a vanished world that is the “don’t miss” climax of the season.
April 4, 5, 7 at 7:30 PM
April 6 at 2:00 PM
- 30 minute documentary about Cold Sassy Tree from San Diego Opera
- Preview article from the Austin Lyric Opera production
- Short Biography of Carlisle Floyd
- National Endowment for the Arts Tribute to Carlisle Floyd
- Link to new book Falling Up, The Days and Nights of Carlisle Floyd, the authorized biography.
- Cold Sassy Tree Synopsis
- Cold Sassy Tree Cast
- About Olive Ann Burns, author of the novel Cold Sassy Tree
- Cold Sassy Tree images