by Dmitri Shostakovich
Sung in English with English lyrics projected above the stage.
A lively and tuneful musical comedy. Who knew the Soviets were fun? A new
housing project called Cherry Town opens in Moscow and the competition
for apartments is fierce and fun! Annual showings on Russian television
were an anxiously awaited tradition for many years.
Houston premiere! Say Chair-YO-moosh-kee!
January 25 and 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM
January 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM
- Promotional Video by Katie Buehner
- Moscow, Cheryomushki Photos
- Video Trailer about the English version
- Detailed information about the opera including a synopsis from Chicago Opera Theater
- Rave reviews for the recent Chicago Opera Theater production
- Audio of English version in 11 parts.
- Complete Performance from Lyon in French and Russian in ten parts
- About the Composer, Dmitri Shostakovich