- University of Houston Startalk Program Kicks off
- UH’s STARTALK Program Trains Teachers of Chinese as a Second Language
StarTalk - 2013
The Startalk Texas Teacher Program at University of Houston took place July 8-19 and it did extremely well! We had a group of 20 participants selected from 40 applicants. They were from the Greater Houston Area (12), Texas and the other states (8). Reports about the program have been featured by KUHF - Houston Public Radio, China Daily USA, and The Daily Cougar.
- More Students Learning Chinese, So More Teachers Learning How to Teach It (KUHF - Houston Public Radio)
- Teaching teachers how to teach Chinese, in Texas (China Daily USA)
- Grant received by scholarship program (The Daily Cougar)
- UH Receives STARTALK Grant to Train Teachers of Chinese as a Second Language (University of Houston - News Releases)
The University of Houston Chinese Studies Program has received a $99,980 grant to launch the STARTALK program over the summer. The program is available to public and private elementary and secondary school teachers, community college professors and instructors at various Chinese heritage schools in Texas.
- UH receives grant for language program (The Daily Cougar)
- Grant funds language teacher training course (The Daily Cougar)
- A graduate course for teachers of Chinese is offered by the Chinese Studies Program sponsored by the federal grant StarTalk, July 9 to 20, 2012 (Houston eWind - Chinese Publication)