Department of Modern &
University of Houston
613 Agnes Arnold Hall
Houston, TX 77204-3006
StarTalk Texas Teacher Program
The STARTALK Texas Teacher Program At The University of Houston
The Chinese Studies Program,
MCL, CLASS, UH
Time: July 8-19, 2013
Place: University of Houston, Main Campus
Who can apply?
- K-12, community college and heritage school teachers of Chinese holding a bachelor degree.
Includes a one-page statement (in English), desceribing:
- What you hope to achieve by participating in the program and
- the project you plan to develop.
Projects may include a standards-based curriculum design with theme units, daily lesson plans, curriculum materials tailored to your own students.
What is the program ?
- Participants will work on curriculum design and lesson plans.
- Through lectures, hands-on activities and collaborative learning, participants construct their knowledge in a learner-centered environment, and develop their capacity to become master teachers.