The STARTALK Texas Teacher Program At The University of Houston
The Chinese Studies Program,
MCL, CLASS, UH
Time: July 6-17 (8:30-3:30) 2015 and follow-up session, Nov. 1 (9:00-2:00) 2015.
Place: University of Houston, Main Campus
Who can participate?
- Participants must hold an undergraduate degree. A copy of your last degree transcript with your degree specified must be submitted together with your application.
- Teachers of Chinese in K-12 public and private schools, community colleges, and Chinese heritage schools in Texas.
- Out-of-state teachers who pay for their own transportation to Houston and a partial of the room cost are also welcome to apply.
Includes a one-page statement (in English), describing:
- What you hope to achieve by the end of the program.
- What project you plan to develop to share with other teachers. The projects may include a standards-based curriculum design with theme-based units, daily lesson plans, curriculum materials tailored to their own students, or a course syllabus with instructional and assessment samples.
What is the program ?
- You will receive a Scholarship for Startalk Texas Teacher Program at UH. You will receive a 3-credit graduate course (CHNS 6372: Studies of Chinese Language Acquisition) may be applied towards the Alternative Teacher Preparation Program leading to Texas teacher certification in Chinese, teacher certificate renewal, or a degree of Master of Arts in teaching Chinese as a second language.