Language and Literature
- Japanese Text Initiative – Japanese text
- Excite.co.jp -Cut and paste Japanese text for a rough translation.
- Haiku poetry
- A Web of Online Dictionaries -This website indexes on-line dictionaries, thesauruses, and such containing words and phrases. Preference in selection has been given to the free online dictionary of high quality.
- The Daily Yomiuri - Daily news, English version available
- The Japan Times - Daily news, in English
- Kyodo News -Daily news from Tokyo, English version available
- Nikkei Net -Financial news, English version available
- The Japan Information Acccess Project -Conducts scholarly research and analysis on critical Asia policy issues to strengthen international understanding of Japanese and northeast Asian science, technology, economic and security policy.
- Tokyo Progressive - Includes articles and links to activist groups.
- Japanese Communist Party -Founded as an underground political association, it emerged itself legal after the second world war.
- Democratic Party of Japan -Launched in 1996, Minshuto includes members of the parliamentary group Citizens Action League and liberals who left the SDP.
- Introduction to Japan's Political Parties -A guide provided by The Web Kanzaki.
- Japan From A to Z -Guide to various Japanese objects and characteristics.
- Japanese Culture -- A Primer For Newcomers -Explanations of Japanese cultural traits and resulting culture shock facing westerners
- CEAL - Council on East Asian Libraries
- NTT -Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation home page and information source, English version available
- Tokyo Food Page Cuisine and restaurant guide, English version available
- Japanese Lessons - Introductory language lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, grammar, and culture modules.
- Japanese American National Museum
- The all-time hit children’s manga classic of Japan, Doraemon
- History of Japan -Overview, and ancient to modern
- Edo Japan -- A Virtual Tour A multimedia tour of Edo (Tokyo) during the 18th century, the age of the Tokugawa Shoguns; visit the city learning about the culture, lifestyles and history.
- Japanese History Documentation Project -Includes an encyclopedia, introduction to Japanese history, and booklists.
Back to top