The Hobby Center for Public Policy’s Civic Engagement Boot Camp (CEBC) is a series of one day interactive sessions designed to teach the skills necessary to create positive change. Each workshop will develop and enhance the abilities required to lead effectively within any environment.
Workshops focus on various aspects of civic leadership. Individual workshops cover topics such as the following:
- Building individual capacity
- Understanding existing governmental structures and processes
- Developing representation on local government and non-profit committees and boards, and neighborhood organizations
- Building multi-sector (private, public and nonprofit) collaborations
- Using new and traditional media
- Broadening the civic participation of young people
- Acknowledging multiple perspectives
- Articulating a position
Civic Engagement Boot Camps feature speakers with demonstrated expertise and success in leadership positions in the public, private and non-profit sectors. While group exercises and discussions may sometimes pull you outside of your comfort zone, the outcome is strengthened civic responsibility and the tools to make a difference in your community.
April 10, 2015
10:00 AM-3:00 PM
315 McElhinney Hall
Pete Gallego served as State Representative of Texas' 74th district for over twenty years before being elected to Congress in 2012. Additionally, he has served as an assistant attorney general and a local felony prosecutor.
Admission is free, but is limited to 20 participants. You must pre-register to attend. Register by sending an email to Isaiah Warner at email@example.com with CEBC in the subject line, and provide your name, phone number, and email address.