This list of book publications represents a sampling of the work of CLASS faculty. It is not a comprehensive chronicle of their publications or citations. The publications on this page are updated annually and may not reflect the most current work of an individual faculty member. Click to view lists of publications.
- Exxon: Transforming Energy, 1973-2005
Joseph A. Pratt
- Workers Go Shopping in Argentina: The Rise of Popular Consumer Culture
- Grandma and the Great Gourd: A Bengali Folktale
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- Keeping the World in Mind: Mental Representations and the Sciences of the Mind (New Directions in Philosophy and Cognitive Science)
Anne Jaap Jacobson
- A Problem of Great Importance: Population, Race, and Power in the British Empire, 1918-1973
- Chicana/o Struggles for Education: Activism in the Community
Guadalupe San Miguel Jr.
- Second Line Rescue
Barry Jean Ancelet, Marcia Gaudet, Carl Lindahl
Chronicles the brave and creative acts during the chaotic aftermath of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Marvelous Things Overheard
“The world – the time has come to say it, though the news will not be welcome to everyone – has no intention of abandoning enchantment altogether.”
- Russell Atkins
Russell Atkins, Kevin Prufer and Michael Dumanis
For over sixty years, poet, composer, dramatist, editor, and music theorist Russell Atkins has been admired.
- Branded Bodies, Rhetoric, and the Neoliberal Nation-State
Jennifer Wingard’s book is a must-read for anyone who takes seriously the idea that words have material power.
- Scandal Work
Margot Gayle Backus
In Scandal Work: James Joyce, the New Journalism, and the Home Rule Newspaper Wars.
- Art as Politics in Late Medieval and Renaissance Siena
- The Madness of Vision: On Baroque Aesthetics
Christine Buci-Glucksmann. Translated by Dorothy Z. Baker
- Tumbledown: a novel
- Oleander Girl
Set in 2002, in the fraught world of post 9/11 America and in an India torn apart by the Godhra Riots, Oleander Girl is an examination of the consequences of intolerance and the cost of desire.
- L'Enfant and the Freemasons: H. Paul Caemmerer's The Life of Pierre Charles L'Enfant
Jose De Los Reyes Heredia
- Archbishop Anselm 1093-1109: Bec Missionary, Canterbury Primate, and Pope of Another World
- Why We Fight: Congress and the Politics of World War II
- Art & Abstract Objects
Christy Mag Uidhir
- International Handbook on the Demography of Sexuality
- Marc Blitzstein
His Life, His Work, His World
- The Contested Removal Power, 1789–2010
- Cuba Post-Soviética: un cuerpo narrado en clave de mujer
Dr. Mabel Cuesta
- Archipelago of Light
Solo piano music
- New Perspectives on International Migration and Development
Jeronimo Cortina and Enrique Ochoa-reza
- The Bilingual Brain
Arturo E. Hernandez
This book considers new advances in models of language processing and development, brought on by the merging of brain and mind sciences.
- The Politics of Women's Bodies: Sexuality, Appearance, and Behavior (4th Edition)
Rose Weitz and Samantha Kwan
- A Life Worth Living: Albert Camus and the Quest for Meaning
- Slow Reading in a Hurried Age
A practical guide for anyone who yearns for a more meaningful and satisfying reading experience, and who wants to sharpen reading skills and improve concentration.
- Postmodernism, Traditional Cultural Forms, and African American Narratives
W. Lawrence Hogue
Examines how six writers reconfigure African American subjectivity in ways that recall postmodernist theory.
- Infinite Autonomy: The Divided Individual in the Political Thought of G. W. F. Hegel and Friedrich Nietzsche
A “remarkably fresh and counter-intuitive take on these two German thinkers”.
- The Anatomy of Revolution Revisited
A Comparative Analysis of England, France, and Russia
- The Qur'an and the Aramaic Gospel Traditions
- What Logic Means
- Modal Logic for Philosophers
- Art and Art Attempts
Christy Mag Uidhir
- Keeping the World in Mind
Ann Jaap Jacobson
- The Making of DSM-III®: A Diagnostic Manual's Conquest of American Psychiatry
- Black Revolutionary: William Paterson and the Globalization of the African-American Freedom Struggle
- Framing Fat: Competing Constructions in Contemporary Culture
- Neighbors, Strangers, Witches and Culture-Heroes
- Samuel Coleridge-Taylor, Symphony in A Minor, Op.8
- The Business of Private Medical Practice
- Ancient Masonic Mysteries: John Perry's The Freemason's Gift
John Perry, Guillermo De Los Reyes
- Anti-Masonry and the Murder of Morgan: Lee S. Tillotson's Ancient Craft Masonry in Vermont
Lee S. Tillotson, Guillermo De Los Reyes
- How Washington Lost His Birthday and Other Masonic Essays: Gaston Lichtenstein's George Washington's Lost Birthday
Gaston Lichtenstein, Guillermo De Los Reyes
- Masonic Secret Signs and Passwords: The 1856 Edition of Jeremy L. Cross's The True Masonic Chart
Jeremy L. Cross, Guillermo De Los Reyes
- President John Quincy Adams's Quarrel With The Freemasons: John Quincy Adams's Letters And Opinions Of The Masonic Institution
John Quincy Adams, Guillermo De Los Reyes
- Young Freemasons?: Frank S. Land's Order of Demolay
Frank S. Land, Guillermo De Los Reyes
- The Reenactments: A Memoir by Flynn, Nick 1st (first) Edition
- The Apartment of Tragic Appliances
Michael D Snediker
- Documentary History of the Dwight D Eisenhower Presidency, vol’s 19-21