Phone: (713) 743-2975
Office: 235D Roy Cullen Building
- PhD Syracuse University, Composition and Cultural Rhetoric
- MA California State University, Sacramento, English
- BA California State University, Sacramento, English with Emphasis in Teaching at the Secondary Level
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Women’s Studies (2008)
- Certificate in Teaching College Composition (2002)
- Branded Bodies, Rhetoric, and the Neoliberal Nation- State. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2013.
- Review. Rhetoric Society Quarterly 44.2 (April 2014). 197-9.
- No Zoning! The Rhetoric of Equality in Neoliberal Places. In Progress.
- Neoliberalism, Culture, and Everyday Life. Co-edited with Rebecca Dingo and Rachel Riedner. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press.
- Neoliberalism and TV: Identity and Value in the 21st Century. Co-edited with Brandon Hernsberger.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- “Assembling Houston: Writing and Teaching the Neoliberal City.” Special Cluster on Transnationalism and Rhetoric. JAC: A Journal of Rhetoric, Culture, and Politics 33.3-4: (Summer 2014).
- “Toward a Cogent Analysis of Power: Transnational Rhetorical Studies.” with Rebecca Dingo and Rachel Riedner. Special Cluster on Transnationalism and Rhetoric. JAC: A Journal of Rhetoric, Culture, and Politics 33.3-4: (Summer 2014).
- “Branding Bodies: Assembling the Logic(s) of “One Bad Apple.” Rhetoric and Neoliberalism. Ed. Kim H. Nguyen. London: Palgrave. (Collection under consideration).
- “Disposable Drudgery: Outsourcing Goes to College.” with Rebecca Dingo and Rachel Riedner in Transnational Writing Program Administration. Ed. David Martins. Ogden, UT: Utah State P, 2014.
- “Hoarders: U.S. Neoliberalism’s Discourse of Abandonment.” Neoliberalism, Culture, and Everyday Life. Co-edited with Rebecca Dingo and Rachel Riedner. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska P.
- “(Re)producing Globalization: The Laboring Body in Maria Full of Grace.” Cinema and the Mother: Motherhood in Contemporary World Cinemas. Ed. Asma Sayed. Toronto, ON: Demeter Press, forthcoming TBA.
- “Rhetorical Assemblages: Scales of Neoliberal Ideology.” Capital at the Brink: Overcoming the Destructive Legacies of Neoliberalism, Eds. Jeffery Di Leo and Uppender Mehan. Ann Arbor, MI: Open Humanities Press, 2014. 101-18.
- English 1303: First Year Writing I – Media Literacy
- English 1304: First Year Writing II – Hybrid format
- English 1304: First Year Writing II – Writing Houston
- English 2396: Intermediate Composition
- English 3340: Advanced Composition – Locating Writing
- English 3396: Writing Houston: Reading and Researching Our City
- English 4391: Advanced Engagement/Service Learning Senior Seminar
- English 6300: Teaching of Language and Literature in English
- English 6314: Feminist Criticism
- English 7374: Critical Pedagogy
- English 7396: Rhetoric and Literature of Globalization
- English 7396: Rhetoric of Place
- English 8318: Rhetoric and Composition Seminar II: Scholarly Writing
- Women’s Studies 2350: Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies
- Women’s Studies 6301: Feminist Theory and Methods
- American Studies Association
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- The Coalition of Women Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition
- Modern Language Association
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Women’s Studies Association
- Rhetoric Society of America