- Phone: (713) 743-1407
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 234D Roy Cullen Building
Cedric Tolliver is an Assistant Professor, who teaches courses in African-American literature and culture and literary theory. His research interests are concerned with the cultures of modernity in the African diaspora, which link the African Americas and Africa. He is currently working on manuscript titled “Of Vagabonds and Fellow Travelers: African Diasporic Cosmopolitan Culture and the Cold War,” which studies the cultural work of writers and intellectuals that pushed against the boundaries of Cold War discourse on modernity, racism, and colonialism.
- BA Sarah Lawrence College
- MA University of Pennsylvania
- PhD University of Pennsylvania
African American literature and culture; Francophone studies; literary theory; cultures of modernity; and intersections of labor, race, and gender in culture and society.
- ENGL 3360: Survey of African American Literature
- ENGL 3396: African American Literature and Cold War Culture
- American Comparative Literature Association
- American Studies Association
- Modern Language Association