- Phone: (713) 743-2975
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 235D Roy Cullen Building
James Cleghorn has been twice elected "Top Prof" by the Mortar Board Society. In the 1970s, he was co-director with Sylvan Karchmer of the UH Creative Writing Program, faculty advisor of the UH literary magazine (at the time, Harvest), faculty director for the Writers' Club. He has published poems in over thirty magazines, including The Massachusetts Review, The Formalist, The Midwest Quarterly, Descant, and The Cape Rock, as well as in two anthologies, East Coast Poets and Working from Silence. He is also interested in non-fiction nature writing, garnered from extensive notebooks he has kept in places like Maine, Montana, and the Big Bend area of Texas.
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts
- M.A., University of Massachusettts
- B.A., University of Illinois