Summer 2017 Application Deadline Extended
The application deadline for the Summer 2017 term has been extended. Please contact the Language and Culture Center main office by phone at 713-743-3030 or email at LCC@uh.edu for more information.
There are three steps to the LCC application process.Step 1
Download the LCC Application Form hereStep 2
Print out and complete the LCC Application Form.
The LCC Application Form asks for your signature and the signature of your sponsor (if needed) and includes the financial and release statements. Please print it, fill in the requested information, sign it, and mail it together with the required documents listed in Step 3.Step 3
Provide hard copies of the required documents listed below:
- The LCC Application Form (signed and complete)
- Application fee of $100 (USD) by a check drawn on a U.S. bank or money order payable to the "University of Houston"
- Payment must be done by check, money order, or wire transfer. Checks and money orders must be drawn on a U.S. bank
- Personal checks must include the name, address, U.S. Driver License number, and date of birth of the person writing the check
- When paying by wire transfer, we need a copy of the receipt in order to process the application
- We do NOT accept cash or credit cards
- Proof of financial support of at least $22,000 USD, per student
- Copy of your transcript and diploma (high school or greater)
- A certified English translation of your transcript and diploma
- Copy of the identification page of your passport
- Permission for Emergency Treatment Form
- Required for all students under the age of 18
- Must be signed by the student's parent or legal guardian
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Compliance Form
- Any copies of medical documents issued in any language other than English must come with a certified English translation
- Please refer to the Meningitis FAQ for any question
- If you are a transferring student from another school in the US, please fill out the LCC Transfer Form.
Submit all the required documents to directly to the LCC main office in person or by mail sent to the address given below:
Language and Culture Center - University of Houston
3687 Cullen Boulevard
Roy G. Cullen Building, Room 116
Houston, TX, USA 77204-3014
After receipt of the LCC Application Form and the required documents, applicants should allow at least five working days for applications to be processed. Upon acceptance, students are sent an admission packet with an I-20, admission letter, and important arrival information. Overseas students are advised, however, to send all application documents at least eight (8) weeks before the term in which they intend to enroll. Admission documents can be express mailed when a $75.00 express mail payment is enclosed with the application.
We must receive both parts of the LCC Application Form and all the required documents, including the $100.00 application fee, in order to process your application.
Download the LCC Application Form here