Click here for our eBrochure!
There are four steps to the LCC application process.Step 1
Download the LCC Application Form hereStep 2
Print out and complete the LCC Application Form. The LCC Application Form asks for your signature on page two.
If you are applying for an F-1 visa, you will also to complete and submit the Financial Support Form. This form requires your signature and the signature of your sponsor (if applicable).
Please complete, print, and sign the LCC Application Form and the Financial Support Form and submit them by mail or electronically with the rest of the required documents listed below.Step 3
Provide the required documents listed below:
- The LCC Application Form (signed and complete)
- Financial Support Form
- Proof of financial support of at least $22,000 USD, per student
- Copy of your complete high school or university transcript and diploma
- A certified English translation of your high school or university transcript and diploma
- Copy of the identification page of your passport
- Permission for Emergency Treatment Form
- Required for all students under the age of 18
- Must be signed by the student's parent or legal guardian
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Compliance Form
- Any copies of medical documents issued in any language other than English must come with a certified English translation
- Please refer to the Meningitis FAQ for any question
- If you are a transferring student from another school in the US, please fill out the LCC Transfer Form.
Submit all the required documents to directly to the our office by email at LCC@uh.edu or by mail sent to the address given below:
Language and Culture Center - University of Houston
3687 Cullen Boulevard
Roy G. Cullen Building, Room 116
Houston, TX, USA 77204-3014
After submitting an LCC Application and all the required documents. All students must pay the LCC application fee.
- Application fee of $100 (USD) by a check drawn on a U.S. bank or money order payable to the "University of Houston"
- Payment must be done by check, money order, or wire transfer. Checks and money orders must be drawn on a U.S. bank
- Personal checks must include the name, address, U.S. Driver License number, and date of birth of the person writing the check
- When paying by wire transfer, we need a copy of the receipt in order to process the application. All applicants who wish to pay by wire transfer must email our office at LCC@uh.edu for further instructions
- We do NOT accept cash or credit cards
After receipt of the LCC Application Form and the required documents, applicants should allow at least five working days for applications to be processed. Upon acceptance, students are sent an admission packet with an I-20, admission letter, and important arrival information. Overseas students are advised, however, to send all application documents at least eight (8) weeks before the term in which they intend to enroll.
Please note that there are ONLY two ways to receive your documents. They must be mailed to you directly. You have the following options:
Option 1: Express Mail
With this option, you will receive your I-20 within 5 days after processing. Express mail is at the expense of the student. To select express mail:
- Go to University Express Mail Services (UEMS) (Do NOT visit DHL or FedeEx directly)
- Complete the Student Registration Form
- Create an account
- Select the "University of Houston" as the school
- Select "Language and Culture Center" as the department
- Enter your complete name and mailing address
Option 2: Regular Surface Mail
Your documents will be sent to the foreign address directly to you in your country by regular surface mail using the US postal service and the postal service in your country.We are unable to provide tracking numbers for all packages sent by regular surface mail. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery for all packages sent by regular surface mail.