- Phone: (713) 743-2937
- Email: email@example.com
- 234B Roy Cullen Building
- MFA Creative Writing, University of Arizona, 1984
- MS Rehabilitation Counseling, University of Arizona, 1979
- BA Creative Writing/Psychology, University of Arizona, 1977
- The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards, a collection of stories, Graywolf Press, May 2009. Paperback, Graywolf, May 2010; paperback, May 2011.
- The Half-Known World: On Writing, a collection of essays, Graywolf Press, August 2008.
- What Men Call Treasure: The Search for Gold at Victorio Peak, co-written with David Schweidel, a nonfiction account of a search for treasure, Cinco Puntos Press, August 2008.
- Century’s Son, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, April 2002. German Language edition, 2005. Paperback from Picador, August 2003.
- American Owned Love, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, April 1997. Paperback, Harper Collins, April 1998. British edition, Quartet Books, October 1997.
- Living to Be 100, a collection of stories, Alfred A. Knopf, April 1994. Paperback edition, Harper Collins, April 1995.
- Mystery Ride, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, January 1993. Big print edition, 1993. Paperback edition, Harper Collins, January 1994. British, Japanese, Italian, and German editions, 1996. CBS madefor-television film “Twelve Mile Road” released in 2003.
- The Geography of Desire, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, September 1989. Paperback edition, Harper Collins, January 1994. British edition, Quartet Books, 1997.
- Crooked Hearts, a novel, Alfred A. Knopf, June 1987. Paperback editions, Dell 1988; Harper
- Collins, January 1994. Dutch language edition, 1988. British edition, 1998. MGM film released, September 1991.
- Dancing in the Movies, a collection of short stories, University of Iowa Press, January 1986.
- Paperback edition, New American Library, 1633 Broadway, January 1987. Independent film “Glissando” (based on one of the stories) released 2002.
- Virtual Death, a novel written under the pseudonym Shale Aaron, Harper Collins, August 1995.
- Limited edition by Easton Press, Norwalk, CT, August 1995. Czech language edition, 1997.
- “Tongues,” a full-length play, major production American Southwest Theatre Company, March 1999.