Center for Arts Leadership
University of Houston
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
402 Agnes Arnold Hall
Houston, TX 77204-3000
- Catalyze dialogue about leadership in the arts
- Who is leading?
- Who are they leading?
- How can we lead better?
- Promote opportunities for arts leadership in the community and university
- Create and support cross-disciplinary networks among arts practitioners, faculty and students
- Increase the cross-sector collaborations within UH Arts as well as with other university disciplines
- Compile and disseminate research and case-studies for innovation and best practice in arts leadership
- Define methodologies for assessment that are holistic, longitudinal
- Strengthen the relationship among artists, administrators and curators on local and national levels
- Provide access to leadership opportunities and training to non-traditional leaders and emerging professionals
- Promote the utilization of curatorial methodologies and best curatorial practice
- Initiate or reinforce peer networks in the arts to support innovative and best leadership practice