This spring, six students at the Valenti School of Communication were selected for the coveted Multicultural Advertising Internship Program (MAIP).As part of the program, these students will intern at prominent advertising agencies across the country beginning June 4 and receive a small living stipend:
- Ruqayyah Shaik (Account Management at DDB in NYC)
- My-Linh Tran (Account Management at Publicis Health in NYC)
- Brian Alexander Marin (Account Management at Edelman in NYC)
- Evan Neuhoff (Strategy at Giant Spoon in NYC)
- Zohaib Jaliawala (Media Planning at DigitasLBI in San Francisco)
- Katrina Madrinan (Copywriting at BBH in Los Angeles)
This 22-week nationwide program focuses on training students for a successful career in the advertising industry, while giving advertising agencies access to top talent. The application process is rigorous: only the top 20% of applicants are selected. By having seven students selected, the University of Houston ranks as one of the top 10 schools in the country for total students selected for this summer’s program.MAIP is organized by the American Advertising Agency Association (4A’s), the key trade association for the advertising agency industry. MAIP sources the talent for this program from 3,800 college, university and portfolio programs in the United States.
Photo: Second row (left to right): Brian Martin, Zohaib Jaliawala and Evan Neuhoff. First row: Ruqayyah Shaik, My-Linh Tran, Katrina Madrinan.