The Center to Eliminate Health Disparities (CEHD)
The Center to Eliminate Health Disparities (CEHD) at the University of Texas Medical Branch, located on Galveston Island, Texas, is hiring a Health and Social Media Program Manager. CEHD works to reduce health disparities by supporting research, training and interventions related to the causes and impact of health inequities in society. The Center develops models for understanding and addressing health disparities, and promoting policy change to improve patient and population health. The Center works collaboratively with partners to advance research, provide training, and undertake action-based activities centered on recognizing the interdisciplinary, intersectoral, global and local nature of health challenges. In this sense, the CEHD understands health in a broad context, related to the physical, social and economic environment, and also related to social justice. The binding philosophy of the programs is to support ethically based, people-centered solutions. CEHD currently has four program areas: Addressing Inequities through Health System Change, through Social Determinants of Health, through Global Health, and through Leadership Training for Social Change in Health. More information about the Center is available at www.utmb.edu/cehd.
For information on how to apply for the position, please contact Sayali Tarlekar at email@example.com. Current closing date for applications is Monday, August 26, 2013, but may be extended.
Health and Social Media Program Manager
This position is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and maintaining an institutional approach to advancing patient and population health through social media tools.
Essential job functions:
Create, develop and oversee a social media strategy to advance patient health and quality of care, and support population health initiatives.
• Coordinate the planning and oversee the execution of a social media campaign tailored to local population health needs and specific patient needs.
• Work with a variety of departments and leaders in the institution.
• Analyze and interpret social media and media tracking data.
• Produce reports related to the progress of the social media initiative at UTMB and its impact.
• Produce and post content in a timely fashion.
• Regularly update project relevant social media platforms.
• Perform desktop research for contribution to publications.
Minimum two years of experience working on social media projects. Training/experience specific to social media as applied to issues of patient and population health is preferred. Spanish language skills a plus.
Skills and knowledge:Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of the use of various social media platforms and how to apply them strategically to achieve programmatic goals, including in health related issues
• Desktop research skills and ability to synthesize information quickly
• Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting
• Attention to detail and flexibility in task management
$50,000-75,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Sayali Tarlekar, MPH
Research Associate II
Center to Eliminate Health Disparities
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston