Communication Technology Center Manager, Lecturer
McCombs serves as the Director of the UH Apple Authorized Training &
Testing Center and manager of the Communication Technology Center (CTC). He
also serves as a faculty member for the Jack J. Valenti School of
Communication. In addition to teaching and administering the CTC, Professor
McCombs studies the impact of technology on communication and education, and
the synergies that coexist between these areas. He teaches Information
Communication Technologies I and II, as well as e-Health & Telemedicine at
the graduate and undergraduate levels.
For more information, please see his website at http://soc.class.uh.edu/~smccombs.
- (Ed.D.) – Curriculum & Instruction -IT, University of Houston (2010)
- (M.Ed.) – Instructional Technology; University of Houston, Houston, Texas. (2003)
- (BBA) – Management Information Systems (MIS); University of Houston, (1999)
- Technology and Education; Technology and the Human Experience;
- Mobile Learning and Curriculum Delivery; Convergent Media;
- Technology and Education & Communication; Social Aspects of
- Technology; Information & Communication Technologies
- Information & Communication Technologies I,
- Information & Communication Technologies II,
- E-Health & Telemedicine;
- Introduction to Telecommunications;
- Communicating through Digital Storytelling;
- Social Aspects of Communication Technologies.
- Graduate E-Health & Telemedicine;
- Computers in the Classroom,
- Issues in Distance Education
- McCombs, S. (2010). Mobile learning: An analysis of student preferences and perceptions surrounding podcasting. Retrieved from EBSCO, May 2010.
- 2009 Liu, Y. & McCombs, S. (2009). Podcasting: A Flexible e-Learning Tool. In Yuen, S. & Yang, H. (Eds.) Collective Intelligence and E-Learning 2.0: Implications of Web-Based Communities and Networking. IGI Publishing, Hershey, PA. January, 2009.
- ACTC- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Affiliations and Links
- BEA Broadcast Education Association
- SITE Society for Information Technology and Teacher Ed
- AWWD Apple World Wide Developer
- AECT Association for Education and Communication Technology
- SICET Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology