- Ph.D. (Communication Theory; Rhetorical Theory) University of Illinois, Urbana
- M.A. (Speech Communication; Educational Psychology) University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. (Speech Communication; English: Education) University of Texas at Austin
- Professional Registered Parliamentarian, National Assn of Parliamentarians
- Health, Interpersonal, Family, & Crisis Communication
- Communication Theory
- Meeting Management
- Public Address, Argumentation and Debate, Business
- Professional Communication
- Haun, Martha J. (2010) Communication: Theory and Concepts. 7th ed., McGraw-Hill.
- Haun, Martha J. (2010) Crisis Communication: Process and Practice. 3rd. ed. McGraw-Hill.
- Haun, Martha J. and Quintinilla, Guadalupe. Estrategias efectivas para hablar en publico. McGraw-Hill Primis, 2001. 2nd editiion (2010)
- Haun, Martha J. Public Speaking Workbook. 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill Primis, 2000.
- ESTHER ANGELL (UH, MA candidate) and MARTHA J. HAUN, co-presenters at 2010 Texas Speech Communication Association convention, “Just Twitter While you Work,” an examination of the contemporary influence of social media. MARTHA J. HAUN, one of three presenters at 2010 Texas Speech Communication Association convention, “Tips for Effective Meeting Management: interpersonal Skills for Running Meetings well.”
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Writing on Parliamentary Law, American Institute of
- Parliamentarians, 2006, for “Let the Minority Be Heard,” Parliamentary Journal, July 2005
- Awarded grant for Medical certification project, Distance Learning with Jim L. Query, Jr. and Larry Kelly, co-principal investigators
- Awarded grant for Houston Alzheirmer’s Association, Query & Haun, Center for Health and Crisis Communication, website development project.
Affiliations and Links
- National President, 1991-92; President-Elect, 1990-91. Professional Fraternity Association (nationally represents more than 1.5 million professionals in the arts, sciences, social sciences, medical & legal professions), Board of Directors 1987-1991.
- Executive Director, Phi Beta National Professional Fraternity for the Creative and Performing Arts
- National President, 1980-86; National Parliamentarian, 1977-1980. Phi Beta National Professional Fraternity for the Creative and Performing Arts.
- National Chairperson, Commission on American Parliamentary Practice, 2007-2008; 1989-90;
- vice-chairman & chairman, 1978-80.
- National Editor, American Institute of Parliamentarians, 1994-1999.