Dr. Lee earned his BA at Chonnam National University in Korea; MA at Auburn University; and Ph. D. at the University of Texas at Austin. Teaching and research interests include organizational communication, group communication, intercultural communication, business and professional communication, public relations, and research methods. His research appeared in Management Communication Quarterly, Human Communication Research, Journal of Public Relations Research, Journal of Business Communication, and others. He is the leading scholar in human relationship development and maintenance in organizations.
- Ph. D. at the University of Texas at Austin
- MA at Auburn University
- BA at Chonnam National University, Korea
- Organizational and Group Communication
- Research Methods
- Intercultural Communication in Organizations
- Business and Professional Communication.
- Shin, J., Heath, R. H., & Lee, J. (in press). Practitioner leadership styles: A contingency explanation of general characteristics, crisis, and culture. Journal of Public Relations Research.
- Heath, R. L., Lee, J., & Ni, L. (2009). Crisis and risk approaches to emergency management planning and communication: The role of similarity and sensitivity. Journal of Public Relations Research, 21, 123-141.