Skip to main content

Communication Technology Center - FAQ

Frequently asked questions and their respective answers

Q: Do I have to be a Communication major to use the CTC Labs?
A: No, you only need to be a UH Central student who is currently enrolled in a Communication class.

Q: Where do I go to get an account for the labs?
A: Just head to the Help Desk in room 234. Students will need a CougarOne Card (or government issued ID card), and a student schedule or fee bill showing current enrollment in a Communication class.

Q: Will my account still work even if I’m not currently enrolled in a Communication class?
A: Yes, if you are a Communication major. However, profiles are saved and stored to start fresh at the beginning of each semester.

Q: Will my Cougarnet account work in the CTC Labs?
A: No, a separate account is required to access the computers.

Q: Is there a wireless network in the labs?
A: Yes, UHWireless (open access) and UHSecure (cougarnet authentication is required).

Q: How many pages can I print per semester?
A: Like all the regular labs on campus, a printout limit is strictly enforced here as well. The print limit is 250 pages per semester. Color prints are charged four times more than the usual non-color print.