Undergraduate Program Coordinator ASLI Program
Phone: (713) 743-4140
Office: McElhinney, Suite 301D
Sharon Hill is the undergraduate program coordinator for the ASLI program. She has been interpreting professionally for 20 years and is a Master Level interpreter, which is the highest level of interpreting certification awarded by Texas Board for Evaluators of Interpreters (BEI). She also holds a Level IV and Medical Interpreter certification. Currently, she serves as Chair of the State BEI Advisory Board which advises BEI regarding the application of rules, policies and procedures as they relate to certified sign language interpreters, as well as evaluating and certifying interpreters.
She has completed doctoral work in the Interpretation and Translation Studies from Gallaudet University and is currently completing her PhD in Applied Linguistics from the University of Birmingham in England.
- B.A. University of Houston-Victoria
- MBA, Texas Women’s University
- Doctoral student, University of Birmingham, England
- ASLI 2333 – Introduction to American Sign Language Interpreting
- ASLI 3330 – Consecutive Interpreting & Translation
- ASLI 3334 – Interactive Interpreting II
- ASLI 3333 – Interactive Interpreting I
- ASLI 2335 – Multiculturalism & Diversity in Interpreting
- ASLI 4489 – Service Learning & Internship
Impact of African-American Vernacular English on the work of ASL/English sign language interpreters
- Chair, Advisory Board for Evaluation of Interpreters